A Missional Life or our Neighborhood
Membership at Resurrection is the mobilization of disciples of Jesus into the neighborhood, committing to their neighborhood, putting their gifts to work, and submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ. Belonging to the church community is one of the most missional things we can commit to doing for the benefit of our community.
What is a member?
Members at Resurrection are those who sense God's invitation to make their spiritual home in our church community and are committed to our vision, mission, and identity. All adults (16+) are invited to become members in our community.
What is the process?
Each Spring our Catechsim year begins with the membership course. Those who are interested in becoming members must complete the first 2 weeks of the course and visit with the Rector about their committment.
Why would I become a member?
So that you can grow up in all righteousness in Christ. Membership is a necessary part of discipleship, because in community we are challenged, nourished, and encouraged. You can read more about what members commit to below.
Having put my trust in Christ alone as my Savior and Lord, and being in agreement with the Vision, I believe I have been led by God to join this church family. By God’s grace and the Holy Spirit’s power, I commit to the following:
With God's Help, I will share in the Life of Resurrection by
- Living a public Christian life; Romans 12:1-2, Col 3:23
- Actively participating in the Vision, Mission and Identity of Resurrection; 1 Peter 1:3-6, 1 Cor. 15, Col 1:15-20
- Giving generously, with the biblical tithe as the standard of giving; 1 Cor.16.22 Cor. 9.7
- Following godly leadership, submitting to their care and correction; Hebrews 13.17
- Participating in weekly worship gatherings, and receiving Holy Eucharist; Heb. 10.25, John 6:52-59
- Growing in godliness through prayer, study of the scriptures and fellowship; Romans 8:26, 2 Tim. 3.16-17
With God's Help, I will share in the Mission of Resurrection by
- Praying for its growth, its health, its people, and its leaders;
- Actively serving on teams or ministries at Resurrection; 1 Peter 4.10, Philippians 2.3-7, 1 Peter 3.15, Romans 15.7
- Doing justice, loving mercy, and walking humbly with God; Micah 6.8 and
- Pursuing godly relationships and reconciling with others; Romans 12; 1 Cor. 12; 1 Cor. 1:2, Romans 14.19, 1 Peter 1.22, Ephesians 4.29
Becoming A Member
For more information about membership at Resurrection and the membership class, please contact Kristie@rezaustin.com